Prepare substrate and apply finish to wood, metal, foam and other products.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to artistically faux paint materials is required.
- Two (2) years of relative experience in wood and metal finishing. The ability to follow instructions and have a strong sense of attention to detail.
What does this job entail
- Prepare multiple surfaces by sanding, repairing holes, removing old finishes, cleaning or etching for finish using wax, paint, stains, clear coat, etc.
- Provide decorative and faux finishes as the project requires.
- Tape off areas as needed.
- Protect surrounding work areas from overspray or drips, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of products being used and all applicable health and safety precautions needed.
- Clean up and maintenance of equipment and work area for safe, efficient use.
- Cross train and work in other areas when needed.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Follow instructions of supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisor and other departments on the status of the project.
- Analyze and review project plans, specifications, AutoCAD drawings etc. to gain full understanding of project.
- Pack finished goods for shipment.
- Load and unload materials and finished products.
- Work in a safe manner following safety policies and procedures.
- Occasional travel working on site to touch up installed products.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Keep records and prepare reports
- Commercial, industrial practices, processes, materials and equipment of the painting trade
- Ability to mix and match colors and hand paint realistic faux stone panels, faux trees and other natural themed elements.
- Ability and knowledge of working with power tools.
- Extensive knowledge of finishing methods and materials.
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols: OSHA regulations
- Must be able to read and understand project plans and documents.
- Has good common sense and the ability to problem solve
- Able to follow instructions.
- Be dependable (showing up on time)
- A good team player
- Class E driver’s license is helpful
- The ability to drive a forklift is helpful.
What do we offer?
Paragon 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Paragon offers competitive salaries and benefits packages that include medical, dental and vision health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 401K with company matching, PTO, nine paid holidays and Sam’s club membership. The company covers the cost of airline travel and car rental when required and offers daily per-diem when traveling. The company works diligently to foster and maintain an excellent company culture.
Conditions of employment:
Successful candidate must pass all background checks. Candidate must meet the physical demands of the job description as stated throughout the duration of holding the position with Paragon Fabrication.
For more information or to apply, email questions or resume to: email@example.com
Paragon Fabrication is an Equal Opportunity Employer.